Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Grateful Senses

Every month, we get a newsletter from our wonderful health insurance company.  In this newsletter, it tells you some great ways to stay healthy etc.  
This month, there was an article that caught my attention.  

"Researchers have found that focusing on what we're thankful for can increase our sense of well-being and happiness.  And, the benefits may go beyond our emotional health.  For example, people who make a habit of writing down what they're grateful for report fewer physical complaints than others."

VERY INTERESTING!

The article suggests that you keep a gratitude journal- hand written, on computer, or smart phone.  Whatever works for you!  Another suggestion was to use your 5 senses to guide you.  To find an example of something you are grateful for using each sense.  So here I go!

1.) Sight: Seeing My children playing nicely together.
2.) Smell: NOT smelling anything!
3.) Hearing: A toy that does not need new batteries.
4.) Taste: My wonderful lunch (left over baked ziti with italian sausage my hubby made)
5.) Touch: My very loved laptop!


Now I think you should do it.  And I would love for you to share!  Share in the comments or in your blog, then share the link in the comments.  I would love to see what everyone else is grateful for!

No comments: