Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All About Me in 30 Days - Day SIXTEEN: A Song That Makes Me Cry (Or Nearly)

There are a couple songs that make me cry, and for different reasons.

First one is I'll Be Home For Christmas by Bing Crosby or Anyone else that sings it!
This has always been a tough one in my family. My Grandpa Fred was in the military and was in the Korean War and Vietnam War. So that song hits home for my Grandma, Uncle, Aunt and Mom. And then when he passed in 2005, it kinda took on a different meaning to us. Great song. We just don't listen to it!

Second is Its So Hard To Say Good Bye To Yesterday by Boys II Men.
Third is If I Close My Eyes Forever by Ozzy Osbourn and Lita Ford.
I kind of lump these two together because both were played at my step-brothers memorial service in 1993. My step-brother was murdered in the Chuck E. Cheese murders in Aurora, CO. It was a very hard time for my family.
Again, great songs, but I can barely listen to them.

One song that makes me almost cry out of happiness is Fireflies by Owl City. It is such a great song! Happy song!

No comments: