Friday, July 20, 2012

FLORIOGRAPHY: Tussie-Mussies

The first place I ever heard of FLORIOGRAPHY was in the book Garden Witchery:Magick from the Ground Up by Ellen Dugan. I have talked about her book before.  I LOVE this book and I LOVE Ellen Dugan! I think she is a wonderful writer.


  And yes, this book is about magick and such, but it is also about gardening.  If you follow the pagan path or another, you can still get a lot from this book.
  The past few weeks I have put up a few different flowers. Along with their FLORIOGRAPHY, I also added some general knowledge, history and such.  This week I wanted to share different Tussie Mussies you can use.  Ideas to get you started.
  Ellen Dugan listed some great Tussie-Mussies and I thought I would share a couple of my favorites.  To see more please check out her book Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up! (Pages 65-66, just to help out)

I DESIRE YOU: An orange rose, fern foliage, nigella (love-in-a-mist), bergamot blooms, and a tiger lily.  Tie with red ribbons for desire and orange for energy and stamina.... Floral meanings are: vitality and energy from the orange rose; passion from the ferns; "kiss me" from the nigella; "you are irresistible" from the bergamot; ... erotic love from the tiger lily.


GET WELL SOON: A yellow rose, golden yarrow, lemon balm leaves, daisies, and a spray of bachelor's buttons.  Coordinate the color of the ribbons with the flowers or with your own chosen color for healing magick.  Floral meanings are as follows: yellow rose for joy and happiness; yarrow blossoms for healing magick; lemon balm for freshness and health; daisies for cheerfulness; and bachelor's buttons for healing energies.


(The two Tussie-Mussie ideas are from Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up by Ellen Dugan.  I do not take credit for their creations, I am only sharing.  The picture I found on google images .  I was not compensated for this post.)  

No comments: