Monday, March 1, 2010

Garden Research

I truly do not know the first thing about gardening! Well... I know that the plant goes in soil and that you have to give it sun or no sun and you have to water it. That is about it! So I decided to do some research. Not only so I know what I am doing, but also to find what I want in my garden!

The only book I have read so far is Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up by Ellen Dugan:


Photobucket

I love it! I am currently RE-reading it! Ellen writes about the different magickal properties of herbs and plants, How to incorporate color magick into your garden, different crafts you can make, and she also shares her dos and don'ts that she has come across while gardening. There is so much more in this wonderful book. I learned so much. I had no idea that there are climate zones? And a shade index? WOW!

The next book I am going to read is Gardening for Dummies 7 in 1 book:

Photobucket

I ordered this book off of Amazon.com last week and it should be showing up today! I am so excited! It has 7 of the Gardening for Dummies books in ONE!! So I will get to read all the basics, gardening design, roses, perennials, annuals, bulbs, and vegetables and herbs all in one! So excited!

Do you have a garden? What, if any, research did you do? Do you have any recommendations for me either mundane or pagan? I would love it if you could share! IF you could not tell... I am excited!

No comments: